What is a Home Inspection?
A good home inspection is your first step in the process of purchasing a home. The inspection is an objective visual examination of the major components and systems of the home. The main goal of the inspection is to determine major visual deficiencies. It provides you with an expert opinion and professional report on the condition of the physical structure of the home as well as the various systems within the home. The inspection will also provide you with valuable information on care and maintenance of the home.
What is the process?
The following is a typical cycle in the home inspection process:
- Once a conditional offer has been accepted – pending a home inspection and other clauses then,
- Call to book the inspection with a reputable inspector as soon as possible especially during the typical busy real estate months of March, April, May and September, October.
- Sign contract prior to start of inspection.
- Attend inspection – Very Important
- Obtain report on site or shortly thereafter.